What should I expect at my first visit?
Your first visit with Dr. Vinay is approximately 45 mins.
We ask you be present 15 mins before your appointment just in case any paperwork needs to be completed. We start our new patient consultation with a medical intake to get to know more about you and how we can help.
We will perform particular range of motion, orthopedic tests to precisely assess the issue and for further diagnostic testing will use our on-site digital x-ray (if needed)
Concluding the first day will be particular rehab, soft tissue work, and light chiropractic treatment to start your road to wellness
What should I expect at my 2nd visit?
The doctor and patient will collaboratively go through the x-rays and the progress from the first visit to determine an accurate care plan that will work for you.
We will discuss the findings and how to progress forward after a thorough chiropractic treatment. We will assure that you are in the right place and what to expect moving forward with your care.
What are follow-up visits like?
We are always evaluating and reevaluating. As we go through the process of “peeling away the layers of the onion” to get to the core of the problem, we’re constantly modifying your treatments, strategies and the recommendations we make accordingly.
We will continue to progress forward with our chiropractic care and assess each visit with how you are progressing. Any changes to the body and spine that need to be changed will be altered and re-examined again
Ultimately, a treatment plan is a team effort. We have to work together to not only get you moving and feeling better, but understand why the problem occurred in the first place, how it changes, and how to maintain your results with simple self-strategies. Only then can you achieve a solution, so you can get back to what you love doing most, and keep it that way!
Are you accepting new clients/patients?
- Yes. We will do our best to fit you in as soon as we can, but are always scheduling new patients and clients.
- Treatment plans are in active care to start off and eventually will be moving you onto wellness care
- We rely on referrals to be given the opportunity to help more people
- If you or someone else you know could benefit from our approach we would greatly appreciate the recommendation!
Will you X-Ray me?
The office does have a digital x-ray system on site and the diagnostic imaging from it can provide us with great information on what is going on with the body.
- If you suffered trauma, e.g., slip-and-fall, referral for imaging (x-ray, MRI, CT) may be needed
- If a “reg flag” pops up in your health history where imaging is needed, we will discuss why and offer appropriate guidance
Are you going to make my joints crack/click/pop?
It depends. A chiropractic adjustment can be helpful but not absolutely needed.
- The crack/click/pop you hear is simply gas leaving the joint. Like the sound a suction cup makes when you pull it off a glass window. The sound is associated with a relieving feeling, but does not have to happen for the adjustment to work.
- The adjustment is meant to get an increase in joint movement resulting in the body to move better.
- Stuck joints cause other joint above and below to have to move more which can lead to pain and injury.
Does insurance cover chiropractic?
Yes, and we are in network with nearly a majority of all plans.
We accept most major health insurance carriers. Also, we can accept plans with out-of-network coverage (not all have out-of-network coverage). We strive to help you understand your options to make the best decision.
Do chiropractors work with medical doctors or other specialists?
Yes, we work with many local health specialists to provide the best care for each patient. We receive referrals from MDs and send updates to keep them informed during treatment and release the patient back to the MDs care once treatment is done.
Why should I go to you first instead of my medical doctor for my joint or muscle pain?
MD’s are able to diagnose and treat many medical ailments, but most are not trained in the conservative care of musculoskeletal issues. We consider ourselves your primary care physician for musculoskeletal issues.
The chiropractic physicians at Platinum Chiropractic + Wellness will do a history and physical examination to assess and classify the reason for your pain and then discuss treatment options in-house or refer you to a provider who can help.
Do you do personal injury or workers compensation cases?
Yes. Please contact us and make sure to let us know that your injury is related to a MVA as we may need to collect additional information from you so we can correctly and more effectively process your appointment.
We help patients seeking relief for a variety of medical diagnoses and pain presentations including:
- Adhesive capsulitis
- Bulging disc
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Degenerative disc disease
- Degenerative joint disease
- Difficulty walking
- Disc herniation
- Disc injuries
- Failed back surgery
- Frozen shoulder
- Golfer’s/tennis elbow
- Hip pain
- Iliotibial band (IT) syndrome
- Impingement syndromes
- Jaw pain
- Joint pain
- Knee pain
- Lateral/medial epicondylitis
- Lower back pain
- Muscle strain
- Neck pain
- Overuse injuries
- Pinched nerves
- Piriformis syndrome
- Plantar fasciitis
- Post-surgical back pain
- Regional pain syndrome
- Rotator cuff syndrome
- Shoulder pain
- Shin splints
- Soft tissue adhesions
- Spinal stenosis
- Sprains and strains
- TMJ disorder